You know how important it is to keep your dash cam mounted on your windscreen, but there is nothing worse than having it fall off while recording videos and live streaming. This happens because the device isn’t securely attached to the windscreen.
In this post, we’ll show you how to prevent your dash cam from falling off, so you can rest assured that your camera is safe and sound and also some tips for keeping your dash cam in place while recording videos for vlogging etc. Read on to learn more!
What are the reasons Dash cameras fall off?
There are several reasons why your dash cam might fall off, but the two most common causes are poor mounting and vibrations.
1. When it comes to mounting, if the adhesive pad or suction cup that is holding your dash cam in place is not affixed correctly or if the surface of your windscreen is not smooth, then this can cause the dash cam to come loose and fall.
2. Vibrations are another common cause of dash cams coming unattached from the windscreen as they can cause the adhesive pad or suction cup to loosen over time. If you regularly drive on bumpy roads, then this is something you will need to be mindful of.
See Also: What is G Sensor on a Dash Cam
How to prevent your dash cam from falling off? 7 Ways
If you’re worried about your dash cam falling off while you’re driving, there are a few things you can do to prevent it. There are:
1. Use the right mount:
Make sure you’re using a mount that’s designed for your specific dash cam model like “toyota tacoma” and that it’s properly secured to the windscreen.
2. Clean the windscreen:
Before attaching your dash cam, make sure the area of the windscreen where the mount will go is clean and free of any debris.
3. Use the right adhesive:
Depending on the mount you’re using, you may need to apply some adhesive to keep it in place. Make sure you’re using the right kind of adhesive and that it’s applied properly.
4. Use Velcro strips:
You can also attach your dash cam to the windscreen using Velcro strips. This is a good option if you don’t want to use the adhesive mount or the suction cup mount.
5. Use a suction cup mount:
If you don’t want to use the adhesive mount, you can try using a suction cup mount instead. Just be sure that the suction cup is firmly attached to the windscreen before attaching the dash cam.
6. Avoid extreme temperatures:
Extreme cold or heat can cause the adhesive to fail, so try to keep your dash cam out of direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
7. Check the mount regularly:
Even if you’ve followed all of the above steps, it’s still a good idea to check the mount regularly to make sure it’s secure and not coming loose.
If you follow these steps, you can be sure that your dash cam will stay securely in place and won’t fall off, no matter how bumpy the ride gets.
See Also: Best Place To Mount Dashcam
Tips for keeping your dash cam in Place
Your dash cam can be a valuable tool in helping you keep an eye on the road, but only if it’s properly positioned. Here are some additional tips for keeping your dash cam in place:
1. Use a suction mount to attach your dash cam to the windshield. This will ensure that it stays in place and doesn’t get knocked around while you’re driving.
2. Make sure the mount is positioned so that the camera has a clear view of the road. You don’t want it to be obstructed by the sun visor or anything else.
3. Make sure the power cord is routed in a way that it will not come loose or get tangled.
4. If you’re using an adhesive mount, make sure the surface is clean and dry before attaching it. This will help ensure that it sticks and doesn’t fall off.
5. If you’re going to be driving in an area with a lot of vibration, consider using a dash cam with a gyroscope. This will help keep the camera stable and prevent it from getting jostled around.
6. Check the mount and power cord periodically to make sure they are secure.
7. When parking, always make sure that the dash cam is turned off. This will prevent it from getting damaged or stolen while you’re away from your car.
Following these tips will help ensure that your dash cam stays in place while you are driving.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Stop Dash Cam Falling Off Windscreen
How do you make a dashcam stick?
There are a few ways to make a dashcam stick. One is to use suction cups to attach the camera to the windshield. Another is to use a special mount that attaches to the dashboard. Finally, some dashcams come with a built-in adhesive that allows you to stick the camera directly to the dashboard.
Where should a dash cam be placed on a windshield?
Ideally, a dash cam should be placed in the center of the windshield, just below the rearview mirror. This is the most common and unobtrusive placement for a dash cam.
How do you glue suction cups to the windshield?
You can use a strong adhesive like epoxy or super glue. Just make sure to clean the surface of the suction cup and windshield before applying the adhesive. Let the adhesive dry completely before attaching the suction cup to the windshield.
How do you keep a suction cup from falling?
By adding a little bit of water to the cup before attaching it to the surface, you can create a seal that will help keep the suction cup in place. Additionally, make sure that the surface you’re attaching the suction cup to is clean and smooth – this will also help create a stronger grip.
To sum up, Dashcams are a great way to capture footage of your drive, but it’s important to make sure that it is firmly attached to the windscreen before you start driving. You should check that the mount is fitted properly and is not loose.
Use additional adhesive tape or straps to keep the Dashcam in place. Whichever method you choose, make sure that it is securely fastened to your windscreen and that the Dashcam is tightly secured.
Hopefully, the tips mentioned in the blog will rest assured that your Dashcam will stay in place while you’re driving. Have you had any trouble keeping your Dashcam in place? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!